Thursday, May 19, 2011

Poem: Abstract Masterpiece

Seven years ago... on a sleepless night when I was lost in thoughts, I wrote this poem.  Its been kept hidden all this years and I almost forgot about it.  Today is the special day of my inspiration for this so I'm reposting this even if he may not be around to view this.  This poem is a perfect reflection of my feelings, my confusion and my conclusion.   While rereading this again, I'm glad because I have reaffirmed my views.  Let me know what you guys think.


Abstract Masterpiece


This abstract is a mystery.
It was poured out of empathy,
It was given such time and effort,
like a delicate plant in a garden.

It is an object even the rich can't find easily.
No one can ever find it displayed in a store.
The makers identity is known to all,
yet no one has ever seen him before.

They say this is a gift from the maker.
Some say the art is a proof of the maker.
Others say the that maker never existed
and that painting isn't real.

Rumors have it that people who've seen it,
looked at it with deep expression...
trying to figure what it means...
for it may not look like what it seems.

Most see it as a piece...
full of pain and sorrow...
yet some don't see these... 
for they only see joys and bliss.

Some say it is too pale,
yet others say it is so vivid.
Some adored how the colors blend,
others complained why it's designed that way.

One thing is genuinely true,
people who have seen this piece of art, 
live on to remember it...
even if it is locked deep inside their memory.

Like all arts, there are some forgeries,
so there were those who were fooled.
But like all copies, an origin exists...
yet some don't believe anymore in this.

For those who had the chance to view it,
the one which is indeed priceless...
are quite few, but very fortunate...
for it gave meaning to their lives.

Some closed their eyes and refused to see...
the wonders of this painting...
for they have seen too many forgeries... 
that they've lost the interest to see the real thing.

No one really knows where this art is now...
Some say it has vanished.
Some say it still exists.
Others say there is no such thing.

Whether it exists or not,
the choice is yours to decide.
Some live their lives to find it,
while others live to ignore it.

But I'd advice you to keep your eyes open...
for you might find it when you don't expect.
When it shows itself, it's hard to ignore,
cause you'd like to look at it more and more.


DT824C6DPUX5

No comments:

Post a Comment